I am a native New Yorker, and working mom with a super tight schedule and tons of priorities, I try to not only find time for myself, but I try to maximize that time and do the best I can with it. Hence the birth of the Staycation in my vocabulary. These are quick short one night or more trips within New York to break up the everyday and give me a chance to do something different, create a new experience, and to exhale a little deeper.
January 2017- I checked into the Hotel Giraffe for a ladies night (mom’s night out) a boutique hotel in the Library collection, with sister sites in NY, Budapest, Prague and Toronto. I loved the architecture that was reminiscent of the 1920’s and 1930’s, and the symbolism of the Giraffe, which is to me, a graceful, powerful, gentle and beautiful animal. Recognized as one of the Top 10 New York City Hotels for Families by the Family Vacation Critic in 2015 and as one of the Top 25 Hotels in the USA by the 2016 TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Awards, I knew this was going to be good stay – an urban oasis of sophisticated style.
As soon as I checked in I hopped on my Instagram stories feature to start documenting my entire experience. The Hotel staff was so friendly, approachable and warm. That is always important to me, to feel at home, comfortable and safe. I was immediately impressed with that quality in service, the staff smiled so much and were there to answer any questions, as well as make good knowledgable recommendations- i loved it.
Some of the key points that make Hotel Giraffe an excellent choice include:
– Complimentary continental buffet breakfast starting at 7am
- Complimentary selection of coffee, tea, cookies and fruit throughout the day
– Complimentary wine & cheese receptions evenings from 5 PM – 8 PM
– Free wireless high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel
– Free passes to nearby New York Sports Club
– Location- central to subways, great taxi and car service accessibility and it’s Park Avenue South!
-Great place for a family stay (I can’t wait to come back with the family)
-Lunch at on site Bread and Tulips was amazing- I love grilled octupus so its a no brainer!!! big love to the staff there!
-Gorgeous Roof Garden Terrace
– Hotel Giraffe was featured in LL Cool J’s song I Wish (Remix) I had to insert that because among all of the other great facts and accomplishments of this hotel- I am a big LL Cool J fan =)
-With the beautiful double bed room with balcony I was even able to sneak in a much needed morning workout with a view!
Highly Recommended…and FaithFitWoman by Linda Delores Approved, I loved it so much I even went on Trip Advisor to write a review. Please go and stay…Valentine’s Day is coming up!